Monday, July 16, 2012

Cayman Mama

Day 152



Cayman Mama
4 shots out of 5



Look it's another "Mama" cocktail!  The Bahama Mama was a hit, well with me at least, so I figured, "Let's try another Mama cocktail!".  

As I'm tracking my cocktails on Pinterest and who's pinning them and what else they have on that same board (I've found some yummy cocktails that way) I found tonight's cocktail on a site called crystalbluewedding.com, but recently (11/8/16) found out that the link to their site is no longer good, bummer.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

Tonight's cocktail is quite yummy.  

The triple sec gives it a twist in it's flavor.  

What I mean is when you look at the cocktail, you're thinking sort of sweet, perhaps grapefruity or something along those lines.  

Then you try it and you taste more of the triple sec and smell more of the banana liqueur.  

It just makes your taste buds question your brain for a split second, as if they're saying "Didn't you just say sweet and grapefruit?".  

If you enjoy the flavor of triple sec (not that you would pour yourself a glass of it........or maybe you would?  either way.....I won't judge) then you will enjoy this cocktail (as long as the rest of the ingredients sound good to you too that is).  

All in all, it's an enjoyable cocktail




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Cayman Mama:

  • 3/4 oz light rum
  • 3/4 oz coconut rum
  • 3/4 oz triple sec
  • 3/4 oz banana liqueur
  • 3 oz pineapple juice
  • splash of grenadine
In your cocktail glass fill it 1/2 way with crushed ice and add all of your ingredients.  Stir it up well and enjoy!



Here's to another "Mama" cocktail!  If you have any favorite cocktails that you would like me to try, email them to me!  I'd love to hear about them and hear from you!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment