Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Island Cake Cocktail

Day 196



Island Cake Cocktail
3.5 shots out of 5




Today was a hot one!  

Actually it's still quite warm in our house.  

I'm definitely needing a nice cool cocktail to end this hot day.  

The kids first week of school is half over and our oldest daughter will be starting tiny tots next week, we're super excited.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

This is a pretty good cocktail.  The cake flavoring in the vodka gives it such an unique (when I say "an unique" it sounds totally wrong and I want to change the "an" for an "a"......but I guess I have to go by the rule that "an" goes before a word that starts with a vowel) twist.  

I think with just a regular flavored vodka, this cocktail simply would not be all that great.  

I got tonight's recipe from the Pinnacle website (once again), but I halved the recipe......because that's all I really felt like drinking.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for an Island Cake Cocktail:

  • 2 oz Pinnacle Cake Vodka
  • 2 oz pineapple juice
  • 2 oz orange juice
Fill your cocktail glass with ice and pour in all three ingredients above.  Stir it up well and enjoy!!



Here's to an Island cocktail.......it's the closest I'll get to visiting an island anytime soon.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment