Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bäroness

Day 199



Bäroness
3.5 out of 5




Saturday is here and our long, action packed, crazy weekend has begun!  

Happy Labor Day weekend to all of you in the U.S.A.  

I so enjoy these long holiday weekends with my husband and children.  

It's nice to have that extra day together.....even if we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I got tonight's cocktail from the Bärenjäger website.  

Honey Liqueur....I'm adding that to the "long" list of liqueurs that I never knew existed.  

I must say I'm having a blast trying all of these different flavored liquors and liqueurs.  

In this cocktail, the first thing I absolutely taste when I take my first sip is the lemon juice, hands down.  
After a couple sips I start to taste the honey flavoring in the Bärenjäer Honey Liqueur.  

I think the lemon flavor shocked my taste buds at the beginning and that's why it was all I could taste.  

Tonight's cocktail is an absolutely different flavored cocktail, one that I'm very glad I tried.  

I think next time I try this one that I'll cut back on the lemon juice a bit......maybe 3/4 oz or even 1/2 oz of lemon juice next time.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for a Bäroness:

  • 1 oz Bärenjäer Honey Liqueur
  • 3/4 oz vodka
  • 1 oz lemon juice
In a short cocktail glass filled half way with ice and rimmed with sugar, add all of the ingredients above.  Stir your cocktail and enjoy!



Here's to family.  There's nothing better then a good laugh with your family.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if this would work better if you shook it then poured it into the cup instead of just stirring it in the glass. Perhaps the lemon shock was just that it was not fully incorporated into the other ingredients? Mr Bond's "shaken, not stirred" directive does frequently seem to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know shaking it may have worked better. I had put the lemon juice towards the bottom too just to insure I wouldn't get a mouthful of lemon in my first sip too (obviously didn't work).

      Delete
  2. Why stop there?? Take the juice out completely and go for the lemon flavored vodka! Or some other liquor with lemon flavor. Now that's my kind of cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking!! Experimentation is always good with alcohol!!

      Delete
    2. You and I think alot alike when comes to our cocktails. hehe Did I say that before? hehe

      Delete
    3. Maybe once......haha. I love that we do!! =)

      Delete