Saturday, September 22, 2012

Caribbean Queen

Day 220



Caribbean Queen
4.5 shots out of 5




Boy is it a hot one today!  

This cocktail hits the spot on a hot day, and also puts the song "Dancing Queen" in my head......oh and you're welcome!  

Today consisted of 2 soccer games (at different fields), 2 soccer team photos (at total different times) and a birthday party.  What a day......cocktail please!!  


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

A lot of these recipes I find tell me to add a "splash" of something, or they tell me to "fill the rest with____".  

I like more exact answers, like when you bake something, you need to know if you're adding 1/4 cup of sugar, or if you're just "filling the rest with sugar".  

Therefore I have decided that (and I know I've said this before....just couldn't remember in which post) that when a cocktail recipe asks for "a splash" of something, I put in 1/4 oz of it.  

I have measured my "splashes" before and they always seem to equal 1/4 oz.  

Now when a recipe asks me to "fill the rest with___" that's a little different.  

I start with the bare minimum that "may" taste good and then sip, add more, sip, add more, etc., until I get the amount I like.  

That's where I get those amounts from.  

In case you were ever wondering or dying to know, your questions have now been answered!  

Ha ha.  

Oh, back to the cocktail, I encourage you to do the same thing I did with the OJ, you can even start with 2 1/2 oz and see if you like it....it may be too bananaey for you, so just add some more OJ.



Here is a photo of the end result:

Caribbean Queen, caribbean queen cocktail, triple sec, creme de banana, orange juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Caribbean Queen, caribbean queen cocktail, triple sec, creme de banana, orange juice

Here is the recipe for a Caribbean Queen:


  • 1 oz triple sec
  • 2 oz creme de banana
  • 2 1/2 oz orange juice
In a tall glass filled with crushed ice, add all of your ingredients.  Stir everything up well and enjoy!



Here's to busy Saturdays and cocktails to end them with!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment