Monday, September 17, 2012

Coconut Pie

Day 215



Coconut Pie
4 shots out of 5



coconut pie cocktail, malibu rum, coconut rum, kahlua, milk, coconut pie recipe, coconut pie picture, coconut pie photo, coconut pie image



Happy Monday!  Time for a cocktail.  


Another school week is underway and before I know it, we will be coming to the end of another school year.  


OK, so maybe that was a little fast forwarded......but I swear that's how this year has been going.  

I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

Kahlua, welcome back!  


I haven't had a cocktail with Kahlua in it in quite a long while.  


I got tonight's recipe here.  Never in all of my wildest dreams would I have thought of mixing Malibu rum with Kahlua.  


I have to say the two of them together with the milk is pretty darn good!  The only thing I would have changed would be to half the milk and use cream for that last ounce instead.  


One way or the other this is a nice cocktail with a great flavor.  I can taste the Kahlua in this cocktail the most, but it's not an overwhelming taste, which is nice.




Here is a photo of the end result:

coconut pie cocktail, malibu rum, coconut rum, kahlua, milk



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

coconut pie cocktail, malibu rum, coconut rum, kahlua, milk





Here is the recipe for a Coconut Pie:

  • 1 oz Malibu rum
  • 1 oz Kahlua
  • 2 oz milk


In a short cocktail glass, fill with ice and add all of the ingredients above.  Stir it up really well so that the Kahlua mixes in with the other two ingredients.




Here's to rediscovering Kahlua!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

9 comments:

  1. I use half and half instead of milk. I also drink this on cool evenings warmed up! mm mm mm Makes your toes toasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking, your half & half equals my milk & cream! A warm version of this cocktail sounds delicious!!

      Delete
  2. I used a shaker to make this cocktail and it made a nice little froth at the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why wudnt you use coconut milk????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is a good question! If I make this again, I might stray away from the recipe I found and try it with coconut milk instead. Cheers!

      Delete
  4. This is one of my favorites but we call it a kinky Russian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Rumchata be used instead of Kuluah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not! It wouldn't be a Coconut Pie, but we could name it something else! Sounds fun!

      Delete