Friday, September 28, 2012

Jager Monster

Day 226



Jager Monster
2 shots out of 5





Boy it's been a long week!  

Three kids sick this week and we're still going.  

Our oldest daughter missed both days of Tiny Tots this week, our second oldest son missed two days of school and our youngest came down with a fever yesterday as well.  

I'm ready for the sickness to be gone and our house to be germ free........or have less germs in it.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

I asked my husband if tonight's cocktail qualifies for a "Halloween Shooter" since it has the word Monster in it.  

He agreed with me, so here it is, another Halloween Shooter.  

But I recommend you leave it here because it is not all that good.  

I can taste a hint of the orange juice and I can definitely taste the Jagermeister.  

This is not a great tasting shooter, not even a good tasting shooter......it's actually pretty blah in taste.  

I would never make this shooter again, it's just not special enough to remember.  

Oh well, you win some and you loose some.


Here is a photo of the end result:

Halloween cocktail, shot, Jagermeister, orange juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Halloween cocktail, shot, Jagermeister, orange juice

Here is the recipe for a Jager Monster:

  • 1 1/2 oz Jagermeister
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • 1/4 oz grenadine
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain it into your shot glass.



I guess the fact that the word Monster is in the title actually does suit this cocktail well.  It's such a monster of a shooter that I never want to try it again!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. Only one thing to say about this one.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the thought of licorice + OJ makes me want to hurl and I didn't even drink it yet. No, thanks, think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I know!! But I had to do it. Yes, DO NOT try this one, not worth it. See that's why I'm here, to take one.......or a ton for the team! Ha ha.

      Delete
  3. This is really good if its layered. Get the licorice first, then the clean flavor or oj, before that sweet grenadine finisher.

    ReplyDelete