Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Liquid Watermelon

Day 224



Liquid Watermelon
3 shots out of 5




I finally remembered to buy watermelon schnapps!  

OK, a week ago, but still I remembered.  

Then apparently I forgot since it took me until tonight to remember that I had purchased it a week ago and that I need to start using it in my cocktails. 


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

I totally admit that my first sip was too sweet......then I put my two middle kids to bed, talked about school and sports with them, tucked them in, and then came back and took another (watered down a little bit) sip. 

 Better!  

This cocktail is OK.  

Nothing super special.  

Nothing I'm dying to make again or order at a bar, but it's OK.  

I will find a cocktail out there (if you have one please email it to me!) that I like a lot better then this one (that has watermelon schnapps in it of course).  

On a side note, this watermelon schnapps smells SUPER YUMMY! 

 Kind of reminds me of jolly ranchers.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for Liquid Watermelon:
  • 1 oz midori
  • 1 oz vodka
  • 1 oz watermelon schnapps
  • 1 oz sweet & sour mix
  • 1/2 oz grenadine
In a margarita glass pour your grenadine and set aside.  In your shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above except for the grenadine you've already put into your glass.  Shake up your mixture and pour it all, including the ice, into your margarita glass.



Here's to remembering to use my watermelon schnapps!  Until we meet again!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment