Sunday, September 30, 2012

Midori Spider's Kiss

Day 228



Midori Spider's Kiss
3.5 shots out of 5


Check out this fun layered Halloween cocktail!  It has Midori and vodka?  Yes please!!




My eyeballs are sweating!  

It's sooo hot out today......I think I may just melt.  

On a good note, the Giants, 49ers and A's all won!  

I'm so excited for post season with my Giants I can't stand it!  Yes tonight is another Halloween inspired cocktail on this very last day of September.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

When I found this recipe here I loved the photo of it so much that I thought I'd surely love this cocktail.  

Well......not so much.  

I mean it's a good cocktail, but there's too much lemon juice in it.  

I would have cut the lemon juice in half to give it a taste of lemon, instead of it being a lemon flavored cocktail.  

The chocolate web I actually made last night with one of the infant medicine syringes that they give you at your local drug store when you pick up your children's medicines (you know the plastic one where you suck up the medicine by pulling the back the top part up, and then squirt it in your kids mouths by pushing it back down), after I designed it I stuck it in the freezer and just took it out now to pour my cocktail into it.  

Doing it this way went over a LOT better then my failed attempt with Mint Chip or my husbands failed attempt with The Drunken Milkmaid.  

The funny thing is that now looking at my almost finished cocktail, the web touching the vodka and midori mix has melted into the cocktail, but the web part touching the grenadine is still standing strong.



Here is a photo of the end result:

Halloween cocktail, Midori, melon liqueur, vodka, lemon juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Halloween cocktail, Midori, melon liqueur, vodka, lemon juice


Here is the recipe for a Midori Spider's Kiss:

  • 1 oz Midori
  • 1 oz vodka
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice (next time I'd use 1/4 oz)
  • 1/4 oz grenadine
  • chocolate syrup
Design your martini glass with the chocolate syrup making a spiders web and stick it in the freezer.  I froze mine overnight, but according to the recipe it looks like you can stick it in there while you make your cocktail and then take it out.....I suggest at least 10-15 minutes though.  
In a shaker add ice, midori, vodka and lemon juice.  Shake and strain your mixture into your chilled chocolate spider web cocktail glass.  Pour your grenadine down the middle.



Here's to FINALLY figuring out how to make chocolate lines on a martini glass look half way decent!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment