Saturday, September 29, 2012

Minty Spider

Day 227



Green Minty Spider
2 shots out of 5






Can you tell that I'm on a Halloween kick?  

Today Stacy sent me a link to a Halloween drink......which also had a link to a whole lot of other Halloween cocktails on it.  

Guess she figured it out already......as I'm sure most of you have.  

I'm really getting into these Halloween cocktails, I think they're fun!


I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

All I can say about this shooter is Holy Mint Batman!  

It's half vodka and half creme de menthe.......but all I can taste is the mint.....with maybe a little vodka bite, you know the feeling you get in your mouth when you know alcohol is present in your cocktail, but you just can't taste it (or when you can).  

Yea, that's what it was like.  

I love mint chip ice cream, but this creme de menthe stuff.......yikes, it needs to be a "little" addition to a cocktail, not half of it.


Here is a photo of the end result:

Halloween cocktail, shot, vodka, creme de menthe



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Halloween cocktail, shot, vodka, creme de menthe


Here is the recipe for a Green Spider:

  • 1 oz vodka
  • 1 oz creme de menthe

In a shaker add ice and both of the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain it into a shot glass.  I wetting the rim of mine with water and swirled it in green sprinkles to make it look neat. It surely didn't help the taste though.



Here's to a not so good Green Spider.  Should have been called Minty Spider, that would have made more sense.  As a matter of fact I'm going to change the name of it right now!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. I am always glad to help! But, sorry, not trying this one. I used to drink grasshoppers when young and the mention of the green stuff brings on unwanted memories. Lets just leave it at that. (shivers with a sour face and looks away)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't ask, lol. Yea, this stuff if a bit much, yikes! =)

      Delete
  2. This particular drink sounds nasty. That is waaay too much creme de menthe. Sorry you've had a couple not-so-good options, but happy to see a couple now with lower scores. You had so many 5 of 5 posts in a row, I was starting to question your objectivity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! That was waaaay too much creme de menthe, blech. You know I've been finding some super yummy recipes lately....kinda on a roll....and then these nasty little guys came up, oh well. I'm sure there will be more cocktails all over the board soon. =)

      Delete