Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Peaches & Cream

Day 203



Peaches & Cream
2.5 shots out of 5



Went to a meeting at our oldest sons school tonight to find out about a potential class (or those who choose to/can go) trip to Washington D.C.  

I sure wish they had an organization like this when I was in the 8th grade, I would have loved to have gone.  

Now that our crazy action packed day has come to an end, it's time for tonight's cocktail.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  

I found this cocktail pinned on Pinterest and followed the pin here.  

This cocktail is OK.  

It tastes a bit peach schnapps-ey to me.  

I had questioned the grenadine.........at first I didn't put it in and tried it, it was pretty good.  

I then added the grenadine and tried it.......gotta say it's better without it added.  

Those of you who have been with me since the beginning are probably a little shocked that 

I'm not thrilled about this cocktail, given the full ounce of peach schnapps that was added to it and all.  

Maybe at the beginning of my year long adventure I would have liked this cocktail......but boy have times changed in 203 days!


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for Peaches & Cream:

  • 1 oz peach schnapps
  • 1 oz whipped cream vodka
  • 3 oz orange juice
  • 1/4 oz grenadine

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above except for the grenadine.  Shake and strain your cocktail into a tall cocktail glass filled with ice.  Add grenadine and give it a stir.




Here's to changed tastes when it comes to cocktails.  My.......what 203 days can do to your palette!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. I don't drink, BUT this looks like it would be delicious without the alcohol as well! Love peachy drinks! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for checking out my site as well!! Have a wonderful weekend! Cheers!!

      Delete
  2. Refining your tastes from overly sweet to overly good I see! I love peach schnapps but in my opinion its sweet enough on its own without adding all that extra sugared stuff. I can feel myself zinging off the walls now. lol I am sorry to say I am not going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I can't believe how much this blog is changing my tastes! I honestly did not think that would happen when I started this blog, haha. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. I am a bit of a sweet-things fan and I do like peaches, so I reckon this would be right up my street. Just need to find some whipped cream vodka...

    ReplyDelete