Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big Bird

Day 232



Big Bird
3 shots out of 5



OK, first off, I did not watch the Presidential Debate last night.  

Secondly, I am/will not talk politics on my blog.  

I simply think it's pretty darn funny that a comment from one of our Presidential candidates had the media world going crazy saying how he was going to Fire Big Bird if he came into office.  

That being said, I dedicate tonight's cocktail to Big Bird in hopes that he lives on Sesame Street for years to come.  

I hope that when the day comes that I have grandchildren,  they too will be able to watch and know who Big Bird is.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

This cocktail is OK.  

No huge amazing flavor.  

It's not a horrible cocktail, but not one that jumps out at you in the flavor department saying "You'll never forget about me!!  I'm the best around!".  

This is a simple cocktail to make and an easy one to drink.  I'm glad I tried it.


Here is a photo of the end result:

big bird cocktail, banana schnapps, pineapple juice, orange juice


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

big bird cocktail, banana schnapps, pineapple juice, orange juice



Here is the recipe for a Big Bird:

  • 1oz banana schnapps
  • 2 1/2 oz pineapple juice
  • 2 1/2 oz orange juice

In a cocktail glass (it's supposed to be a short cocktail glass.......but I thought I'd go tall to honor Big Bird himself), add crushed ice 3/4 of the way up.  Pour in the three ingredients above and stir it up well.



Tonight's cocktail is brought to you by the letter B and the number 12.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

7 comments:

  1. >Tonight's cocktail is brought to you by the letter B and the number 12.

    It cracks me up how often people reference this concept from Sesame Street. Of all the things we learned from it, that apparently stuck the deepest. What I really find amusing is that the letter chosen often varies widely, but it is ALWAYS the number 12. I know the show used other numbers. If I had the time, I'd love to research the psychology behind that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yea I always notice that reference too! I got my letter "B" from Big Bird and the number 12 for this year since it's the presidential election year. Otherwise I would have used 8 (my most favoritest number ever).

      That's funny that most people choose 12! If you do look into it, let me know why that happens, I'm curious!

      Delete
  2. Your a smart lady! I never talk politics nor religion with strangers. Too personal! That said... Long Live Big Bird! I shall take your word on it for taste but it sure looks delicious.
    (waves as she drives away)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Politics and Religion are topics that I will avoid on here. There's no need for it with strangers, you're absolutely right.

      It does look delicious which kept making me come back for more sips....but then they kept tasting the same =(

      Happy vacation!!!! Drive safe and have fun!! Can't wait to hear about your travels......and olives!

      Delete
  3. what a fun idea!! I like pineapple juice; will give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the tall skinny glasses? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually a bud vase. I saw it at Michael's and thought it was something new for my bar, lol =)

      Delete