Thursday, September 24, 2015

Purple Blossom Martini

 Purple Blossom Martini





Our family went to our local Art & Wine Festival a couple weeks ago.  

As we are sitting in the shade (because it was super hot) eating our lunch, a friend of mine comes over looking for me.  


"Jen!  I wanted to show you this, since you're The Cocktail Lady, and get your opinion and see what you think about it".  


She pulled out a pomegranate grenadine that she had just purchased from Skylake Ranch and asked me about using it in cocktails.  


Then she told me how much she LOVES their grill sauce and how it's the only way she can get her son to eat meat.  My husband heard "grill sauce" and took a look at the bottle she had purchased and then decided, "We need to go find this booth and check them out!".  


Off we went, with beer in hand (Sam Adam's Octoberfest of course) off to find this booth.





We got there and met Chris.  

We told him how our friend found us and told us all about the grill sauce and grenadine and he offered us samples of both, plus 2 different kinds of balsamic vinegar and jelly.  OH MY GOODNESS, they were ABSOLUTELY delicious!!!!  



All of them.  



Even having a taste of the white balsamic vinegar didn't make me do a squinchy faced dance!  


Skylake Ranch is a family orchard, where they harvest pomegranates.  They are used in their vinegars, sauces, grenadine and jelly.  Needless to say.......we bought the grenadine, 2 of the grill sauces's, a balsamic vinegar and white balsamic vinegar.  


Why we didn't get the jelly too......I have NO CLUE.........I blame the beer.....s.






Anyways, I loved all of the samples so much that I proclaimed to Chris that I would do a review on my blog about it.  

I highly recommend trying any of their yummy items!  Here is a link to their site  Skylake Ranch check them out and make a purchase, you'll be glad you did!  


They also have a Facebook page you can check out as well.  Me being me, I made one of their own cocktails.  It's an easy cocktail to make, and it's pretty darn delicious too!  


Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Purple Blossom Martini:

  • 1 ounce vodka
  • 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
  • 1/2 ounce pomegranate grenadine

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a martini glass and enjoy!!




Here's to finding out about a brand new ingredient to cook and drink with!  I wish you all at Skylake Ranch the best!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment