Friday, February 24, 2012

Barbie Cocktail

Day 9-updated


A BARBIE COCKTAIL
2 shots out of 5






For those of you who are pinners (my pinterest term for all of us that pin, haha) on Pinterest, you've all seen the ah-maze-ing photos of some of these cocktails, food items, clothes........the list goes on and on.  

Well I along with many of you assume that these photos (for the most part) are totally legit.......I mean, why wouldn't they be, right?  


That opens up the doorway for tonight's cocktail, a Barbie Cocktail.

On Pinterest there was this beautiful photo of this drink that was called Barbie Cocktail, I knew I had to eventually try it!

WOW, what an amazing looking drink!  



That color is amazing too.  Such a bold vibrant neon bright pink color!  

So I decided to try it out for Day 9 of my year of cocktails.....actually a friend of mine had asked if I'd do it sooner then later please, so I decided to do as she asked and do it now while it's still fresh on all of the pinners  minds.  

I checked out the ingredients and couldn't figure out how on Earth they got it to be that color of a neon pink......but hoped that I'd make it and it would magically become the amazing color I saw in the photo.   

Oh and it had lot of...bubbles??  Wait a minute.......  


As you can see I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

I was feeling generous.  


In my honest opinion, the fact that you put the same about of Malibu rum as vodka into this cocktail makes me raise my eyebrow (The Rock-style).  


Here is a photo of the end result:

Barbie, barbie cocktail, mailbu rum, coconut rum, vodka, cranberry juice, orange juice


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Barbie, barbie cocktail, mailbu rum, coconut rum, vodka, cranberry juice, orange juice



Here is the recipe for a Barbie cocktail:

  • 1 shot Malibu rum
  • 1 shot vodka
  • 1 shot cranberry juice
  • 1 shot orange juice

In a shaker put add about 6 ice cubes (oh no I'm becoming more like my husband as I don't give you an exact amount of ice cubes to put in!), Malibu rum, vodka, cranberry juice and orange juice.  Give it a good shaking and then pour it into your glass through the strainer in your shaker, and...........enjoy?  or not.



You be the judge of what you see here and on other websites.  Don't always believe what you see, hear, etc. Thank you for pulling up a bar stool for my first week plus a couple days of my Year of Cocktails!!  See you tomorrow!!

Cheers to Barbie!

The Cocktail Lady





  


Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! now that's different. it just goes to show in the world of photoshop that you really can't believe anything you see...
    if it doesn't seem legit, it isn't.
    hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was orange, too and looked much like yours. To be expected if you shake it up to mix it. I like this a lot more than you did - I'd give it a 3.5 and would probably mix it up again. Of course, I think I like I like the taste of alcohol more than you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the thing about this cocktail was the fact that its picture was all over Pinterest! It had so much hype. Seeing it made me think that I would make it.......then I saw the ingredients (wasn't sure how it could possibly look like the photo....magic perhaps?), made the cocktail and was disappointed that the original cocktail wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Oh well.

      Yes, you do like the flavor of alcohol more then I do, absolutely. I do love hearing your ratings and smile at the cocktails where we agree =)

      Delete
    2. I don't care at all what type of alcohol is in it. Nor do I care if there is any mixer in it. So what if it's pink or orange?
      The whole point of this drink being named Barbie is that it is so skinny it wouldn't fit through a straw. A Barbie drink should be administered intravenusly. (Just a joke, folks - don't go postal).

      Rockaroo

      Delete