Wednesday, March 28, 2012

After Sex

Day 42



After Sex
5 shots out of 5






Guess what?!  


I've got a new liqueur for you all to try, Banana Liqueur.  Can I just say, YUM!!  


I remembered seeing a few cocktails with this liqueur in it so when I was at the store I bought a bottle.  I flipped through my Bartenders Black Book tonight and found this little yummy cocktail.



I gave tonight's cocktail 5 yummy shots out of 5!  


After Sex is a simple cocktail to make and oh so yummy!  The banana taste is quite good!  



This is a cocktail that you could drink quite quickly, which makes it a good/bad choice, depending on the night.  My husband and I are taking turns sipping this After Sex cocktail and I have a feeling a second one will be made here shortly.  



This liqueur will defiantly be participating in my blog in the future!


On a side note, we just got a new "bar" to house all of the new alcohols, liqueurs and cocktail glasses I am buying!  WOW, I didn't realize how much stuff we had until I had to load it all into our bar.  




Here is a photo of the end result:

after sex, vodka, banana liqueur, orange juice, grenadine



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

after sex, vodka, banana liqueur, orange juice, grenadine





Here is the recipe for After Sex:

  • 1 1/2 shots vodka
  • 1/2 shot banana liqueur
  • 3 1/2 shots orange juice
  • 1/2 shot grenadine


In a shaker fill with ice, vodka, banana liqueur and orange juice.  Shake it up really good to get all the ingredients to mix up well.  Pour your cocktail into a hurricane glass and top with grenadine.  




I am having a blast writing this blog, I sure hope you are all enjoying reading it and maybe even trying some of these great cocktails!  Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had a cocktail using banana liqueur before and I'm so intrigued! It looks super pretty too! Can't wait to try it for my next party!
    xoxo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this drink sounds delicious, thank you for the recipe, I will have to make this and try it!

    ~xo Sheree
    poshclassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the perfect party drink! I gotta try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked so good and it is nice and warm outside so wanted to try it for our happy hour at home. Only thing is, we didn't have any orange juice. We did have peach though, so used that and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds delicious as well! Peach always adds a refreshing taste to a cocktail. Great job!

      Delete
  6. If u dont have banana liquer, whats a good substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question! I would give a melon liqueur like Midori a try. It will change the taste, but I do like Midori!

      Delete