Friday, March 9, 2012

Appletini Cocktail

Day 23


Appletini
3 shots out of 5


An Appletini is made with 2 simple ingredients to satisfy your taste buds and kick your regular martini up a couple notches.



OK so another cocktail ingredient that has always made me nervous and say "No Thank You" is the sour apple pucker.  

I know I used it in my Washington Apple but I figured that the Crown Royal would have lessened it's overly sugary sour apple taste, and it did.  


Tonight's cocktail the Appletini is "almost" 1/2 vodka and 1/2 sour apple pucker......so those odds made me a bit nervous.



I'm happy to report that this cocktail is pretty good!  

Mostly all of the photos I saw online made this cocktail look "quite green" I must say.  


So when I was shaking up my martini I was expecting to pour out nothing less........boy was I wrong!  


The appletini was anything but bright green, instead it was a very light sage green.  I figured I must have found the wrong recipe and did it all wrong because none of the photos I've seen online look like what I just poured into my cocktail glass.  


Hesitant to take a sip and thinking I should just remake it and add more sour apple pucker.....I took a quick sip to see how badly I screwed it up.  


To my surprise, it was just about a perfect blend of vodka to sour apple pucker!  


Now looking at my very light sagey green cocktail, I would HATE to try those bright green appletinis that I can only imagine taste QUITE sour appley!!  


YUCK!!  


Therefore, tonight's cocktail recieved received (I always spell that word wrong) 3 shots out of 5.



Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:





Here is the recipe for the appletini:


  • 1 1/2 shots vodka
  • 1 shot sour apple pucker

Chill a cocktail glass in your freezer.  In a shaker add ice, vodka and sour apple pucker.  Shake it up real good and strain into your chilled glass.




Here's to another pleasant surprise in the cocktail world!  Who knew I'd enjoy an Appletini!

The Cocktail Lady






Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. interesting!! I've never had an appletini, which has always made me kind of feel like an unadventurous loser. good to know.
    I do like Madori Sours, though..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa, I definately think you should! I think you'll enjoy this one and if not more pucker can always be added =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever tried mixing in some Butterscotch? Then you have a caramel apple martini. That's quite tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but I did receive a recipe for it as well as a Spiked Apple Cider. I'm excited to try them both!

      Delete