Friday, March 2, 2012

The Dirty Grinch

Day 16



The Dirty Grinch
4 shots out of 5



Happiest of Birthday's Dr. Seuss!!  Tonight's drink is dedicated to you!  


I took a drink you may know
And I gave it quite a show,
I poured in all of it's things,
But to it I added Grenadine,

I like it, I like it, I like it,
I really really do, 
I like it, I like it, I like it,
and I hope that you do too!


I gave tonight's cocktail 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot 4 out of 5 shots.  

I took the Grinch cocktail, which should have had a cherry at the bottom, but since I didn't have one, I "attempted" to float my shaken Grinch over a bit of grenadine I had poured in the bottom of my chilled glass.  


I totally failed at it.....and so the result kinda reminds me of a dirty martini, therefore I created The Dirty Grinch!  


The Dirty Grinch is a very sweet drink, so little sips spaced out a bit work well with it.

I am having an absolute blast with this blog.  

I hope you're enjoying reading it as well.  


I would never have known of half of these drinks I've made so far, as well as the ones I have on my list to still make.  


I really hope you try the cocktails that sound good to you, who knows, your new favorite drink could be one of them.  


As always, if you have any drink ideas that come along with a recipe, please email them to me at cocktailady@gmail.com  I'd love to hear from you!


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

The Dirty Grinch cocktail, christmas cocktail, Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss cocktail, Midori, melon liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, grenadine

Here is a photo of the end result:

The Dirty Grinch cocktail, christmas cocktail, Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss cocktail, Midori, melon liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, grenadine




Here is the recipe for The Dirty Grinch:

  • 2 shots Midori
  • 1/2 shot lemon juice
  • 1/4 shot of simple syrup
  • grenadine

In a shaker with ice, add your midori, lemon juice and simple syrup.  Shake it up real good to get all of the ingredients mixed up well.  Take your chilled cocktail glass and pour in enough grenadine so that the bottom  triangular divit is filled with it.  On the back of a bar spoon, give your best attempt of floating your strained grinch mix from the shaker on top of the grenadine.  If it doesn't work, it'll still taste good!  Enjoy!!  (If you were to make the Grinch itself, you would skip the grenadine and add a cherry.  Your cocktail would be green...grinch green that is.)



Cheers to you Dr. Seuss!!

The Cocktail Lady




Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment