Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Headlock Cocktail

Day 31


Irish Headlock
2 shots out of 5






Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all!!  


Hope you remembered to wear your green today!  Since it is an Irish holiday today, I figured that I should honor that and make an Irish cocktail!  



There were quite a few to choose from and finally I decided on the Irish Headlock.  

I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5, which I know most likely upsets my husband because he really liked it.  


I don't really have a liking for whiskey.......sorry.  


I keep sipping it and trying to like it, but it's just......I can't do it.  


When I start to take a sip the baileys is the first thing I taste, so I think, hey, maybe I'm used to the flavor now and will like it...........NOPE THERE'S THE WHISKEY FLAVOR!!  

Tonight's cocktail makes me make squinchy faces.  


Maybe by the end of this year of cocktails I'll be used to the flavor of whiskey?  I mean I'm "starting" to tolerate gin now.......yea we'll just have to wait and see on that one.




Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:








Here is the recipe for the Irish Headlock:


  • 1/2 shot Irish Whiskey
  • 1/2 shot Irish Cream (such as Baileys)
  • 1/2 shot Brandy (I used cognac)
  • 1/2 shot Amaretto
In a shaker add ice, Irish Whiskey, Irish Cream, Brandy and Amaretto.  Shake your cocktail real well to mix it up real good.  Strain your cocktail into a frosted highball glass and if you enjoy whiskey........enjoy!  



Cheers to Saint Patrick's Day!  Hope you all enjoy your evening!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment