Saturday, March 24, 2012

Liquid Marijuana Cocktail

Day 38



Liquid Marijuana
5 shots out of 5



OK, so I've seen this cocktail ALL OVER Pinterest and I just had to try it!  


One of my best friends has been asking me to making this one as well, so here it is!!  



Can I just say YUMMY!!!!  



Here's to  learning yet another thing about cocktails.........I actually like sweet & sour mix!  I guess I was scared of sweet & sour mix because it reminded me of regular margaritas.....which in turn reminded me of....<gags> tequila!!  



Yes, yes, I do know that I will have to make cocktails with tequila in them, and because of that I have to admit that I DID purchase a bottle of it today.  

Tequila and I had a face off about 15 years ago, and I am ashamed to admit..... tequila won.  
It has made me NOT like it and run from it's smell for the past 15 years.  There has been an occasion or 5 where I got up enough courage to have a shot of it again since that horrible night.....but I never drank NEARLY as much of it as I did that one night 15 years ago. 

Yes......yes, I did have one night about 4 years ago where I was a little off and had a few shots of the stuff......that night didn't end well either.



Anyways, I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I am enjoying this cocktail a lot!  



The sweet & sour mix is really giving it a surprisingly good taste!  I have a feeling that this cocktail will be requested at our next friend gathering.  


I recommend you try this cocktail and I really hope you like it as much as, or even half as much as I do!




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for Liquid Marijuana:

  • 1/2 shot Malibu Rum
  • 1/2 light rum
  • 1/2 shot blue curaçao (this time it makes the cocktail good, haha)
  • 1/2 shot apple pucker
  • 2 1/2 shots sweet & sour mix
  • 2 1/2 shots pineapple juice

In a tall glass fill it up 3/4 to the top with ice.  Pour in your Malibu Rum, light rum, blue curaçao, apple pucker, sweet & sour mix and pineapple juice.  Stir it up really good and enjoy!




Cheers to the bartender that created this delicious cocktail!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

10 comments:

  1. It's drinks like these that make me wonder where the creators come up with the names. Is it because of the color? Does it make you feel stoned? Well, whatever the reason, it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name threw me off but this sounds awesome. I might swap out the rum for vodka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does throw you doesn't it. But, no marijuana in this cocktail at all, lol! Cheers!!

      Delete
  3. It looks yummy and the ingredients it uses it was is used in most of my favorite cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally sounds like something I would drink! I love Malibu in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cool blue color of this cocktail! Would make for a perfect cocktail for a house party!
    xoxo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drink sounds yummy! It also looks like it would taste good. I agree with what Marisa said about wondering where some of these drinks names come from, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I HAD to check this out. Here in California one sees all kinds newly legal beverages. This one looks a little more widely accepted:) Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I think the Hard Rock Cafe's make a similar one.

    ReplyDelete