Monday, March 12, 2012

Mango Orange Creamsicle Cocktail

Day 26



Mango Orange Creamsicle
5 shots out of 5





Um.......Perfect!

WOW, it amazes me that I can recreate a taste sooo perfectly!!  

Well it amazes me that I can create a cocktail that actually tastes good for starters, but to have it taste just like the real thing?  


WOW.



I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5 because, well.......I really like creamsicles!  

I added some mango to it to give it a little bit of a different taste to the common Orange Creamsicle (which there's absolutely nothing wrong with).  


The mango is not overpowering at all, there's just enough of a subtle hint that you "just" know it's there.

I'm having a LOT of fun with these puree's I bought.  

Keep your eyes peeled for more banana and mango (ooohh, or both together would be fun) flavored cocktails to come!  


I can't wait to head back to the store and choose a couple new flavors!  


Wonder which ones I should choose.  


Have any of you had cocktails with any different flavors of the Finest Call purees that you would recommend me try next?  


Let me know!

As always, if you have a favorite cocktail that you would like for me to try, please email it along with its recipe to me at cocktailady@gmail.com, I'd love to hear from you!




Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here is the recipe for the Mango Orange Creamsicle:

  • 1 1/2 shots vanilla vodka
  • 1/2 shot orange curaçau
  • 1 shot mango puree
  • 2 shots orange juice
  • 1/2 shot cream

In a blender, add a cup of ice, vanilla vodka, orange curaçau, mango puree, orange juice and cream.  Blend until all of the ice is gone (no little pieces left).  Pour into a margarita glass and enjoy!!



Here's to a cocktail that brought me back to eating an orange creamsicle as a kid!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they made orange curacao. What exactly *is* curacao?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curaçao is actually an island. The Curaçao liqueur is made of a liqueur that is flavored by the peels of the curaçao fruit. Years ago the Spanish explorers brought valencia oranges over to the island and unfortunately these trees could not grow that well on the island, which made the oranges grow smaller and more bitter then the valencia orange. That is where the fruit who's peel gives the orange and blue curaçao it's flavor came from. Apparently the fruit itself is too bitter to eat. Thank you for your question! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete