Monday, March 26, 2012

Royal Flush Cocktail

Day 40



Royal Flush
2.5 shots out of 5






Who's up for a poker night?  

Knowing I was going to make this cocktail tonight has made me in the mood for a poker night all day long!  


Put the kids to bed, have some friends over and play some poker, accompanied by some yummy cocktails of course!

Until I took the photo of the ingredients tonight, I had thought that tonight's cocktail was named because of the "Crown Royal" in it. 

Not until I looked through my lens to take that shot, did I realize that both the Crown Royal and the Chambord are alcohol royalty.  


If you notice on the Chambord bottle there's a little crown on it, so that makes them both royalty in my book.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  


I didn't hate it, but I'm not a big fan of whiskey.  


Since this cocktail had a mixture of a couple different fruity sweet mixes in it, I was able to get past the whiskey and kind of enjoy the cocktail.  


I have to be honest, when I started making this cocktail and saw that there was a shot and a half of the Crown Royal it made me nervous, but honestly the rest of the ingredients off-set it enough (not entirely, but enough to not make you make faces) to allow me to drink it.



Here is a photo of the end result:

Royal flush cocktail, poker, crown royal, peach schnapps, chambord, cranberry juice, black raspberry liqueur


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Royal flush cocktail, poker, crown royal, peach schnapps, chambord, cranberry juice, black raspberry liqueur






Here is the recipe for a Royal Flush:

  • 1 1/2 shots Crown Royal
  • 1 shot peach schnapps
  • 1/2 shot Chambord
  • 1 shot cranberry juice

In a highball glass, fill it 3/4 to the top with ice.  Add your Crown Royal, peach schnapps, Chambord and cranberry juice.  Stir up your cocktail really really well and enjoy.



Here's to a poker night in the near future!  Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. You must have a sensitive whisky taster :) I'm having this cocktail right now since I had a couple of those little airline bottles of Crown Royal. Alternately I taste the peach schnapps, the the Chambord, but barely a hint of the whisky. I think this one is a one and done, though, since the schnapps and Chambord made it very, very sweet. I am enjoying trying all these cocktails, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect garnish for the Royal Flush: cranberries from Lounge Attire Cocktail Cranberries. The finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete