Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sex On The Sidewalk

Day 36



Sex On The Sidewalk
3.5 shots out of 5




Tonight's cocktail idea I received from a reader, FireWench.  

I am thoroughly enjoying receiving everyone's emails and cocktail suggestions.  


I have a couple more good suggestions in my inbox that I am excited to try out in the night's to come!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

This is a cocktail that I can definitely enjoy.  


It is another cocktail that has Chambord in it, very exciting!  


Tonight's cocktail is not a fruity cocktail, nor is it one that tastes like alcohol, it's simply a cocktail to enjoy.  Thank You FireWench for tonight's suggestion!  


Tonight's cocktail has a flavor to it that I have never had before (well obviously you're thinking, since I've never drank it before).  


What I mean by that is that some cocktails you can say, "You know that sort of tastes like a vodka cran, but with lime" or something like that, well tonight's cocktail I can honestly not say that it tastes like any cocktail I've ever had before.  


It's got a taste all of it's own!



Here is a photo of the end result:

Sex on the sidewalk cocktail, vodka, melon liqueur, midori, chambord, black raspberry liqueur, cranberry juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Sex on the sidewalk cocktail, vodka, melon liqueur, midori, chambord, black raspberry liqueur, cranberry juice




Here is the recipe for Sex On The Sidewalk:

  • 1 shot vodka
  • 1/2 shot Melon Liqueur
  • 1/2 Chambord (Black Raspberry Liqueur)
  • 3 shots cranberry juice

In a shaker add ice, vodka, melon liqueur, chambord and cranberry juice.  Shake well to mix and chill your cocktail.  In a tall glass filled with ice, strain your cocktail into it and enjoy!



Thank You again for tonight's suggestion FireWench!!  Cheers to you!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! If you like the melon, try making a Ninja Turtle.

    I swear, my niece, her boyfriend and I, spent a night flipping through that book while we made A LOT of shots. Some were cringe worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into that one! Oh I know there are sooo many to choose from. It's hard to know where to start. It's a great book though and some of the names of the cocktails in there, WOW! Haha!

      Delete
    2. Avoid making the Darth Vader - I think that's what it was called. Ugh. Just... ugh.

      Delete
    3. Oh my, that does have a lot of different alcohols in it! Doesn't sound terribly appealing, neither does the Darth Vader (with a light saber), lol.

      Delete