Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Silk Panties AKA Woo Woo Cocktail

Day 21



Silk Panties AKA Woo Woo
2 out of 5



Here we are at the end of week 3.  I've learned a few things in these last 3 weeks.

  1. Gin isn't as bad as I thought
  2. The color of sweet vermouth scared me more then the taste of it
  3. Grapefruit juice in cocktails is pretty darn good....especially in a Sea Breeze
  4. I am no longer a vodka cran or rum & coke girl
  5. blue caraçuo doesn't make "every" cocktail taste good, such as the Into The Blue
  6. cream of coconut IS quite tasty
  7. I enjoy blended cocktails A LOT
  8. I am enjoying this blog more then I thought I would!
That being said, lets get onto tonight's cocktail.  

I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5 because although it's a sweet drink......it's a bit much.  


I mixed this cocktail up, strained it into it's glass and smelled it before I tasted it.  


The smell was great!!  


I couldn't wait to try it.......then I did......not a whole lot of flavor.  


All I'm left with is thick saliva.  


Thrillsville.



The more sips I take, the less I like tonight's cocktail.  

I think I would have put less peach schnapps in and more cranberry juice.  


That would have at least made it less sweet.  


OK, this last sip is now making my mouth feel/taste like I just took a dose of cough medicine.  


OK, yuck!!



Here is a photo of the end result:


(My cocktail looked a little lighter then its coming out in my photo, but maybe it has something to do with the glass being frosted in the photo and not now?)

Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here is the recipe for Silk Panties AKA Woo Woo:


  • 3/4 shot vodka
  • 3/4 shot peach schnapps
  • 1 shot cranberry juice
Put ice into your shaker.  Add the vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice.  Stir your mixture up really well.  Strain your cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass.


Well peach schnapps, next time we meet.......I hope it's under better circumstances!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

15 comments:

  1. The name of this drink is killing me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I wasn't sure if I should put it up there or not....but hubby said, "Why not? That's what it's called, lol"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "blue caraçuo doesn't make "every" cocktail taste good"
    bwhwhahahahaaaa!!!
    the word "panties" makes me itch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I stumbled onto your blog today, and I just *know* I'll be checking it out on a frequent basis! Saw the title of this drink in the sidebar, and HAD to click on it to check it out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to my blog Dana! Glad you found it! Yes, the name of this cocktail is creating quite a stir, haha. There are a bunch of crazy named cocktails out there.....wonder what else I can find, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend sent me a link (because of the drink name) so I haven't been to the beginning of the 365 yet, but... if you're using one of those bartending books, see if you can find "Sex on the sidewalk". Pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome FireWench! I do have a bartending book and believe it or not there are 28 cocktails in here that start with the word "Sex", not this is not including ones starting with "Sexual" or "Sexy"! Sex on the Sidewalk does look tasty, I will definately be making that one night soon! Thank You for the suggestion!! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clicked on your Equipment and Supplies tab - that spiral bound book is the same one that I have. I also have a few recipes that I've learned from watching some bartender friends make me nice adult beverages. I stopped measuring and just eyeball it now. I'll have to write stuff down and email it to you sometime.

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I had a feeling it might be the same one! You know something I've seen in that book quite a few times is Sour Mix. Have never found it in the store though. I have cashiers saying that they're "seen it before" but rarely get it in, yet they can't remember exactly what it looks like. I find sweet and sour mix all the time and doing research online I'm finding a lot of people claiming that the 2 are the same thing. If they are, why doesn't the book just ask for sweet & sour mix? Odd......

      Delete
    3. Weird. I'd think it was the same thing though. Btw, that banana puree was awesome. I'd never have bought it if I hadn't read it in your post. In between making shots, I was mixing it with strawberry liqueur and um... devil's food vodka. (Cupcake Devil's Food - same company that makes the wine. That vodka by itself reminded me a little of dirt, I was trying to hide the taste LOL)

      Delete
    4. Haha, that's great!! I know, I think I was in a banana-ey mood or something? I wouldn't think that would be a good purchase, but boy was I glad I was wrong! I really like the stuff!! I can't wait to make more cocktails with it =)

      Delete
  8. I tried this one with some trepidation since you thought it was too sweet :) I actually liked it a good deal and I think I would give it 3 or 3.5 shots. I think I'm going to have to buy an extra large bottle of vodka next time since a lot of your cocktails use it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean! I have large vodka, rum and coconut rum bottles here. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! The name of it got my site a LOT of traffic, haha. ;)

      Delete
  9. I think your proportions for the Woo Woo is meant for the shooter version. Try the drink version:

    2 parts Vodka
    1 part Peach Schnapps
    4 parts Cranberry Juice

    Pour into an Old Fashioned glass filled with ice and stir.

    I think you will enjoy this better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, I would enjoy your version a lot better! Your proportions for the Woo Woo look a lot better then the ones I have above. I just checked the "Baby Woo Woo" I did recently and it has all three items in equal proportions. This is the problem with finding some of these recipes online, everyone has their own version and not all of them are that good.

      I enjoy receiving recipes from my readers because they're cocktails that they make and love. I haven't really had a bad one yet!

      Feel free to email me any of your favorite cocktail recipes that you enjoy! Cheers!!

      Delete