Saturday, March 10, 2012

Swing'n Banana Daiquiri

Day 24



Swing'n Banana Daiquiri
5 shots out of 5




OK, so I'm a little bias, but for good reason!  

I created tonight's cocktail myself......so of course I'm gonna make it so that I LOVE it!!  

When I was at the liquor store buying more bottles of alcohol I walked by the Finest Call section and saw a bunch of different flavors to choose between.  

My goal is to make these cocktails with out using pre-made drink mixes, such as a Piña Colada mix (I'd rather mix the pineapple juice and cream of coconut myself), so instead I went for the Puree's. 

I chose the Banana Puree and the Mango Puree.


I decided that I was going to make a blended cocktail tonight.  

I guess I was in the mood to pull out my blender and give it a whirl (pun intended).  So I decided to make my version of a Banana Daiquiri.  

I'm sure there are other versions out there, but I wanted to know that I was going to love it, so I made it myself.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I really enjoy blended drinks, I do like the flavor of banana and the ingredients together made it taste great!  

I am hoping that at the end of this year, I will be able to create my own drinks by knowing what goes with what and how much of each ingredient to use.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for MY Swing'n Banana Daiquiri:

  • 1 1/2 shots of rum
  • 1 shot Banana Puree
  • 1/2 shot cream of coconut
  • 3 shots pineapple juice


In a blender, put 1 cup of ice, rum, banana puree, cream of coconut and pineapple juice.  Blend it up so that there are no little pieces of ice left, just a complete liquid.  Pour into a margarita glass and enjoy!!



This is the first banana flavored cocktail I've EVER had, and I must say it's a pretty good one!  Enjoy!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment