Friday, April 13, 2012

Banana Boat

Day 58



Banana Boat
5 shots out of 5



I have to share this little story with you.  

Not thinking of how I looked doing this, I had made tonight's cocktail, Banana Boat, and LOVED it soooo much that I needed to walk down to Steph's house (Here's her awesome site) with martini glass in hand for her to try it!  

I walked down, knocked on her door, handed her the cocktail to try......mission accomplished.  

Now for the walk home.  

Happy with myself and my cocktail, I turned around and started walking home.  Along drives a guy in a red explorer, totally staring at me with the biggest "way to go girl" smile on his face!  

It totally made me smile, because at that moment I realized what I looked like!  

He gets to the corner, rolls down his window and sticks his arm out to give me a BIG wave before he disappears behind the houses.  

Just thinking of what it all must have looked like makes me laugh.  

OK, onto tonight's cocktail.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

WOWZERS, this is a very good cocktail!  I am SOOO enjoying the banana liqueur in this one!  

Tastes just like bananas!  

Each ingredient compliments the other in such a fantastic way that I wish I would have known about this cocktail earlier!  

Hope you try and enjoy a Banana Boat!


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Banana Boat:

  • 1 shot coconut rum
  • 1 shot banana liqueur
  • 2 shots pineapple juice


In a shaker add ice, rum, banana liqueur and pineapple juice.  Shake it up real well to get everything mixed up good.  In a chilled martini glass, strain your cocktail and enjoy!



Cheers to banana liqueur!  I am enjoying cocktails that have this liqueur in them.  It's a liqueur that is a pleasant surprise, I must say!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! oh that's a pretty cocktail. it's really scary that you can't taste the alcohol at all, though. absolutely delicious. we need one of those red monkeys from the barrel of monkeys to hang off the edge of the glass!

    ReplyDelete