Saturday, April 28, 2012

Banana Mango Delight

Day 73



Banana Mango Delight
5 shots out of 5




It's no secret........I like the banana flavor in my cocktails.  

I have discovered the banana puree and thought it was amazing.  

I also discovered banana liqueur and holy Mama, I absolutely love this stuff!!  

I haven't put it in a cocktail that I have not liked yet!  

Yes I know, for those of you who have not tried a cocktail with banana liqueur in it, the thought of it might sound odd, disgusting, yucky....I'm sure the list goes on.  

I have to say........if you do like bananas, I recommend that you try it!  You may just be pleasantly surprised!


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I LOVE this cocktail.  

I think I'm going to be making myself another one after I'm done typing this blog!  

In fact, yes I will be!  

What a ride this blog has taken me on.  

There's more liqueurs out there then I could have possibly imagined when I started this blog.  

Vodka seems to come in just about every flavor I can think of, and many more that I would never have thought of in a million years.  

I know that some of you have bought some of these liqueurs along with me and tried and liked them.  

I cheers you all that have taken the plunge like me and tried something new along with me.  No more vodka cran days!  

Not another rum and coke will be ordered (unless that's all there is, then bring it on with an olive!).


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here's the recipe for my Banana Mango Delight:

  • 1 1/2 shots coconut rum
  • 1 shot mango puree
  • 1 shot banana puree
  • 1/2 shot banana liqueur

In a blender add 1 cup of ice, coconut rum, mango puree, banana puree and banana liqueur.  Blend all of the ingredients until all of your ice is gone.  Pour and enjoy!!



Cheers to the banana flavor in tonight's cocktail!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I think you should have put a little umbrella in it and should be drinking in on the beach or beside the pool. (just a little suggestion ;))
    I haven't made any of these yet but I sure will be making them on a Friday or Saturday night and let you know what I think. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more!! Oh I'd love to hear what you think of the ones you've tried!! Cheers!!

      Delete