Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Drunken Milkmaid

Day 70



The Drunken Milkmaid
4.5 shots out of 5




First off, I would like to say Happy 70th Day of Cocktails!  

Thank You to all of those who have been with me from Day 1 and also to those of you who have found me along the way!  

I am having a really fun time making and trying all of these cocktails, as I hope you are having fun reading about them and maybe even trying some of them along with me.  

I must say that so far the cocktail recipes that I have received from all of you have been really good ones!  

I haven't had a bad recipe from a reader yet!  I love trying the cocktails you all love to drink at home.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

I received this recipe from Kera, Thank You Kera!!  

The Drunken Milkmaid is a good cocktail that is perfectly mixed (in my opinion of course) by all of its ingredients.  If you notice, the glass has been "designed" a bit different tonight from when I designed the glass for Brown Lady.  

Reason being........my husband wanted to design tonight's glass.......but.........I think he used a "bit" too much chocolate?  

Anyways, it tastes very yummy with the amount he used and I know it would taste yummy with even less chocolate syrup.  

I must say....as I am typing this blog and looking at the chocolate that has now collected more toward the bottom of my glass....I just realized that I was supposed to put whipped cream on top of it!  

I even have it out on the counter.  

I'm sorry Kera, I wish I would have remembered about it.....instead of being too excited to drink it.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for The Drunken Milkmaid:

  • 1/2 shot kahlua
  • 1/2 shot creme de cacao
  • 1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps
  • 1/2 shot amaretto
  • 1/2 shot milk
  • chocolate syrup
  • whipped cream (which I totally forgot)

In a shaker add ice, kahlua, creme de cacao, butterscotch schnapps, amaretto and milk.  Shake it up really well so that all of the ingredients get blended well.  Strain it into a martini glass that has been "designed" with chocolate syrup.  Top with whipped cream (still mad that I forgot that) and enjoy!



A big Thank You to Kera for this lovely cocktail!  

I have to say that I was always skeptical about chocolate syrup in your cocktail until I tried the Brown Lady and The Drunken Milkmaid.  

Not anymore though!  It's a wonderful touch, I must say!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. I see I'm going to have to expand my liquor cabinet soon! This looks like another one of those delicious "replacement for dessert" drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan you're right! It's a definite "replacement for dessert" drink!

      Delete
  2. OH BOY...this looks yummy. I never have all of the contents at home for the drinks at the same time. Very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that is super frustrating! That is exactly how it was when I first started this blog. All I had was regular vodka, rum, malibu rum and cranberry juice. Can't get 366 cocktails with only those ingredients. Cheers!!

      Delete
  3. This was a perfect after-spicy-curry-dinner drink! I liked it better with half and half rather than milk, though. It thickened it just a little, making it more like dessert. That seemed appropriate, considering it was on the sweet side.

    ReplyDelete