Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dukes Fizz

Day 53



Dukes Fizz
3.5 shots out of 5



Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate Easter.  

Happy Day 53 for those of you who do not!  

We were at our oldest's sons baseball game yesterday and my mom said that for Easter I should make my dad's Fizz cocktail that he created because it's REALLY GOOD.  

I called him yesterday to get his recipe and the name he wants to call it.......I think he got ounces and shots all mixed up or something because he had told me WAAAAY too much alcohol for the rest of the ingredients.  

My husband and I amended it a little and blended it up and got something that was pretty good!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I have to say that I was REALLY nervous about making this cocktail, because.........it had an egg in it.  

I've seen cocktail recipes that ask for egg whites, but this one asks for a total egg!  

We made this cocktail this afternoon and I am happy to say that I am still alive, so I guess my fear of raw egg in a cocktail has subsided.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Duke's Fizz:

  • 1 1/2 shots vodka
  • 1 egg
  • 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
  • 2 shots orange juice
  • 2 tsp sugar

In a blender add a cup of ice, vodka, egg, ice cream, orange juice and sugar.  Blend your mixture until all of the ice is gone.  Pour and enjoy!!



Cheers to my dad and his very own creation!  Hope you all had a good weekend!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! it's like an Orange Julius but with alcohol!
    I'm glad you didn't succumb to salmonilla over night... :-0

    ReplyDelete