Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lady Luck Cocktail

Day 46



Lady Luck
3.5 shots out of 5






OK, so tonight I don't have a "theme" song in my head, just a song.  


Good 'ole Blue Eyes is singing his song in my head as I enjoy tonight's cocktail, Lady Luck.  


Can I just say that I am REALLY enjoying writing this blog!  


OK, so yes it's fun to get to have a cocktail a night (and have a reason why I am doing it), but it's fun to try all of these different liqueurs, alcohols and juices that I honestly would NEVER have ever tried on my own!  


Way to break me out of the vodka cran and rum and coke shell!!  

I love it!!


I gave Lady Luck 3.5 shots out of 5 tonight.  


This cocktail is a bit syrupey sweet to me.  

A bit too much, but not enough to make me not finish the cocktail if I was to order it at a bar.  


I think it would just make me finish it quicker then normal so that I could order a safer cocktail for myself afterwords.  

For those of you who do enjoy the sweeter syrupey cocktails, you just might enjoy this one.


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:





Here is the recipe for Lady Luck:

  • 3/4 shot malibu rum
  • 3/4 shot chambord
  • 3/4 shot banana liqueur


In a shaker add ice, malibu rum, chambord and banana liqueur.  Shake it up real well to get your cocktail mixed and cold.  Strain your cocktail into a chilled martini glass and enjoy.



Here's to a great singer of his time, Frank Sinatra!  Cheers to you 'ole Blue Eyes!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. I love the honesty - glad I'm not the only who'll chug a not-so-good drink so I can move on to the next one, one that I KNOW I'll like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, you are absolutely not the only one! Can't let a drink go to waste, even if it does make you make faces the whole way down!

      Delete