Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lifesaver Cocktail

Day 66



Lifesaver
2.5 shots out of 5



I was intrigued by the name I have to say.  

Lifesaver, sure why not.  

Sounds like the candy....although it wasn't my favorite candy, it was a well known candy.  So hey, let's give it a shot.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5 and not because I couldn't stand the taste.  

It doesn't have an ingredient in it that makes me gag or not want to drink it.  

That wasn't the reason at all.  

The problem with this cocktail is that.......it lacks flavor.  

It kinda tastes like nothing.  

Sure it's a nice green color.  

I can sort of taste the pineapple juice in it......but I think the amounts of each kinda cancelled the others out or something.  

I would be bummed if I paid $9 for this cocktail and it tasted like this.  Oh well.......can't win them all



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Lifesaver:

  • 1 1/2 shots coconut rum
  • 1/2 shot melon liqueur (Midori)
  • 2 shots pineapple juice

In a shaker, add ice, coconut rum, melon liqueur and pineapple juice.  Shake up your ingredients real well.  Pour everything into a tall cocktail glass.



Cheers to the childhood candy Lifesaver and to the fact that those candies had more flavor in them then this cocktail!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment