Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Purple Matador

Day 56



Purple Matador
4.5 shots out of 5



Um, YUM!!!!  WOW!!  Amaretto you say?   

As the main ingredient you say?  

I would never have ordered this one on purpose......even though the ingredients sound like they could be good........I would have never had the guts to order this cocktail at a bar.......ever.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

I am impressed with this cocktail.  

I really am.  

The flavor is like none I've ever tasted before.  

I would definitely have to make this one for my girls to try at our next get together!  

This is a cocktail that you need to take that first sip, and not judge it right away.  Give it a minute.  

Take another sip.  

Then say what you think of it.  

The flavor is so different and surprising that you need to take that second sip to decide whether you like it or not.  

Side note, I just started Tweeting!!  So follow me on Twitter with the link on the right, and bare with me while I learn the in's and out's of Twitter!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for the Purple Matador:

  • 1 1/2 shots Amaretto
  • 1 shot Chambord
  • 1/2 shot pineapple juice

In a shake add ice, amaretto, chambord and pineapple juice.  Shake it up really well to mix all of the ingredients.  Strain it into a chilled martini glass and enjoy!  Remember, don't judge it until the second sip!



Cheers to you Amaretto and your amazing flavor!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. Since I have all the ingredients, I'm going to have this as my Friday pre-dinner cocktail. I'll let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good!! Yes, let me know what you think! Happy Friday! Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Pretty good, but I mostly tasted the amaretto - which I like a lot. I'm going to try it again. I might upgrade my rating :)

      Delete
    3. The amaretto is definately the main taste in this cocktail. I liked it too, wasn't sure I would all that much, but was pleasently surprised!!

      Delete