Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Volga Boatman

Day 69



Volga Boatman
1 shot out of 5


One of my newest liqueurs to acquire a space on my shelf is the cherry liqueur.  Tonight is our first meeting, and I have to say......I'm not impressed.  I will give it another shot down the line if I find a cocktail that it's in that I think sounds good, but until then, it will sit on my shelf.

I gave tonight's cocktail 1 shot out of 5.  I gave it 1 shot and not 0 because I did go back for 3 whole sips just to make sure that it was as bad the second and third time as it was the first.  It was.  One of my very first cocktails I'd ever really liked was a screwdriver.  I thought this would be a nice twist to it with the cherry liqueur......no such luck.  I'd rather have just had a plain old screwdriver, which there is nothing wrong with.  Oh well, can't win them all and tonight definitely proves that!  

Here is the recipe for a Volga Boatman:

  • 1 1/2 shots vodka (cherry vodka "might" have been better)
  • 1 shot cherry liqueur
  • 1 shot orange juice
In a shaker add ice, vodka, cherry liqueur and orange juice.  Shake up your ingredients really well to get them all mixed up well.  Strain your cocktail into a chilled martini glass and add a cherry (if you like).

Here is a photo of tonight's cocktail:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:




I hope to find another cocktail to try the cherry liqueur in that I really do like!  Let me know if you have any recipes that include it!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you went back for three whole sips. Making the tough sacrifices for your readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you liked that huh? Haha, I thought I owed it to everyone to do so. I can't say that I did that for the Blue Duck that I gave 0 shots for though........

      Delete
    2. P.S., I just checked out your blog and Nory is ADORABLE!!! =)

      Delete