Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wild Thing Cocktail

Day 59



Wild Thing
3.5 shots out of 5



WOW is it late!!  

For the record I started tonight's blog at 11:58pm, so I just made it in time!  

It's a late blog tonight because we had soccer, baseball and a birthday party today, so a nice cocktail is definitely needed now!


I gave the Wild Thing 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I do like the fruitier, sweeter (not not too sweet) cocktails and this one isn't really that.  

It's still a good cocktail though.  

Not one I'd order again, but I'm glad I tried it.  

The name of the cocktail is fun too!  

It always interests me when I see a cocktail recipe ask for vodka AND rum.  

As you know I used to be a vodka cran or rum & coke girl, so the fact that some of these recipes want me to mix the two absolutely baffled my mind at first.  Not so much now.  

I have seen some cocktails mixing 3 or more different alcohols, so mixing two is old news to me now.  

I can't say that I would recommend this drink to my friends because they like more of the same kinds of cocktails I do, but for someone who likes the taste of the liqueurs and alcohols more then the mixes and juices, I would say to definitely go for it!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for the Wild Thing:

  • 1 1/2 shots vodka
  • 1/2 shot rum
  • 1/2 shot triple sec
  • dash of lime juice
  • dash of sweet & sour mix
  • 2 1/2 shots cranberry juice

In a shaker add ice, vodka, rum, triple sec, lime juice and sweet & sour mix.  Shake it up real good to get all of the ingredients mixed well.  Strain it into a tall glass filled 3/4 with ice.  Then add the cranberry juice.



Here's to a late night cocktail!  Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment