Thursday, May 3, 2012

Jelly Doughnut

Day 78



Jelly Doughnut
3 shots out of 5



Mixing Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur and Chambord creates a fantastic jelly doughnut.




I noticed that I did not have any cocktails that started with the letter "J" yet.  


I opened my book and saw the name and had to give it a try!  



Tonight's cocktail is Jelly Doughnut.  

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of doughnuts (insert gasps here).  

I do however like the mini chocolate and powdered Entenmann's Doughnuts.  

But that's as far as my doughnut liking goes.......sorry.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5 (it had nothing to do with the word "doughnut" in the title either).  


This cocktail definitely (side note: I still can not for the life of me spell the word "definitely" right, I always get that red squiggly line underneath it and need to correct it tastes like Irish Cream with a little bit of the black raspberry flavoring in it.  



I can taste the Chambord, but it's just not as noticeable as I would have hoped it would be.  

That being said, if you do like Irish Cream, I believe you will enjoy tonight's cocktail.  

I will definitely (checked the way I spelled it in the other sentence) finish this one though!




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for Jelly Doughnut:

  • 1 1/2 shots Irish Cream
  • 1/2 shot Chambord


In a short cocktail glass, fill with ice and add your Irish Cream and Chambord.  Stir it up good to distribute the Chambord flavor throughout the cocktail and enjoy!



Cheers to The Cocktail Lady liking a "version" of a doughnut that is not Enternmanns!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. I like the regular cake kind, Boston Creme, and cinnamon apple donuts. The rest of them... meh. This drink sounds interesting, though. I've really got to get some Chambord.

    ReplyDelete