Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana Split

Day 125



Banana Split
3 shots out of 5

Who doesn't love a banana split?  This one will have you asking for another and another because who doesn't love vodka.....and banana flavors?




I found a recipe for a Banana Split online and decided to amend it a little bit.  

Instead of putting plain vodka into the mix, I decided on vanilla vodka.  

I figured what's a banana split without the vanilla?


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

This cocktail warms your insides.  

I can taste the bite from the vodka (I'm assuming that's where it's coming from), which I don't really like to taste in cocktails.  

My first sip I drank too quickly which made it not taste as good as the next sips, where I took a sip and let it sit on my tongue for a couple seconds before drinking it.  

Doing this made this cocktail taste better to me, most definitely.  

I do taste the banana and a hint of the chocolate in this cocktail which is nice, I just wish that I could taste them both a bit more.




Here is a photo of the end result:

banana split cocktail martini, vanilla vodka, banana liqueur, creme de cacao, banana split photo, banana split picture, banana split image

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

banana split cocktail martini, vanilla vodka, banana liqueur, creme de cacao


Here is the recipe for a Banana Split:

  • 1 shot vanilla vodka
  • 1/2 shot banana liqueur
  • 1/2 shot creme de cacao

In a shaker add ice, vodka, banana liqueur and creme de cacao.  Shake it up well and strain it into a chilled martini glass.




I guess I can't like all Banana-ey cocktails.  I do know I'll find more I do like though!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment