Sunday, June 24, 2012

Buttery Nipple Shooter

Day 130



Buttery Nipple Shooter
5 shots out of 5





WOW, tonight's cocktail brings back some good memories!  

I was introduced to the "non-shot" version of this cocktail years ago and it was our thing to drink there for a while.  

When we had that version of the cocktail there was a third ingredient (if not fourth......but I doubt it) mixed in too, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me right now.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

This is a nice smooth shooter to have.  

If this was the "penalty" shot in some of those drinking games, I could take them all night long!  

The half/half of both ingredients is perfect in this shooter.  You can taste both liqueurs and they compliment each other nicely.  

I like shots like this one that don't force you into that "squinched up alcohol face".  If I'm going to do a shooter, give me one that goes down easy, and this one does!



Here is a photo of the end result:

buttery nipple shot, Baileys, Irish Cream Liqueur, butterscotch schnapps


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

buttery nipple shot, Baileys, Irish Cream Liqueur, butterscotch schnapps




Here is the recipe for a Buttery Nipple Shooter:

  • 1/2 shot Irish cream
  • 1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps

Pour each ingredient into your shot glass.  Give it a quick stir.  Enjoy!!




Here's to some great memories!  Love it when a cocktail can do that!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. I think I remember some kind of flavored vodka in the original-- or maybe it was cinnamon brandy?
    Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it could have been vodka! I'm not sure they had all of those flavored ones when I drank it, but maybe just the regular one. I bet a flavored one might taste good in it though! Maybe vanilla or whipped cream vodka?

      The only reason why I know the ones we used to make didn't have brandy in them was because I was scared of it back then, haha. Thanks for the comment! Cheers!!

      Delete
  2. This can also be done as a layered shot. Makes it kinda look like a beer in a shot glass: frothy irish cream head, on top of golden butterscotch. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete