Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Desert Margarita

Day 132



Desert Margarita
5 shots out of 5



Hello Tequila!  Tonight........we are friends!  

We are so very much friends that I just might make myself another of your fabulous Desert Margaritas.........and one for my husband too!  

Tonight I will be enjoying you and you add much to tonight's cocktail!


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

Tonight's Desert Margarita is QUITE yummy!!  

Husband agrees and is eyeing my cocktail right now.  

I never would have thought of the flavor of prickly pear in a margarita, but as of tonight I will be looking for them in restaurants.  

I have to admit the first sip.....I wasn't sure about, but then I gave it another sip and all of the flavors just worked.  

I think I had LIME JUICE on my mind because of how much of it I had to put in this cocktail and that's what threw me off on the first sip......I think I was expecting to taste a super lime flavor that I made myself believe that it was really limey.  

This is definitely a cocktail that I will be making again!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Desert Margarita:

  • 1 oz tequila
  • 1/2 oz orange liqueur
  • 2 oz lime juice
  • 1 1/2 oz prickly pear syrup
In a shaker add ice, and all of the ingredients above.  Shake them up really well and strain your cocktail into a margarita glass.




Here's to a very enjoyable tequila cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment