Friday, June 29, 2012

Hidden Grapefruit

Day 135



Hidden Grapefruit
4 shots out of 5




Hello Malibu Mango Rum!  

Nice to see you again!  

It's been a while.  

I'm excited about using this rum again.  

I have to admit, back in the days when I was a Vodka Cran girl (ha ha, you know like 135 days ago), I honestly did not get flavored vodkas and rums.  

I thought they were silly and pointless.  

I mean sure your vodka tastes like blueberries, but come on, just pour some blueberry juice (I don't even know if they make blueberry juice.......it's just the first flavor that came to mind) in with your vodka and call it a day.  

BOY WAS I WRONG!!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

This is a nice refreshing cocktail!  I forgot about how good cranberry juice can be in a cocktail........guess I took my anti-vodka cran's pretty seriously!  

The chilled glass makes it taste even that much better!  

I am really enjoying this cocktail and think I will make it again.......if not tonight, very soon!  

It's such a simple cocktail too, LOVE IT!




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Hidden Grapefruit:

  • 1 oz Malibu Mango Rum
  • 1 oz cranberry juice
  • 1 oz orange juice

In a shaker, add ice, rum and both juices.  Shake it up real good.  Strain it into a short cocktail glass and enjoy!!



Here's to my old friend cranberry juice!  Reunited and it feels tastes sooo good!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Funny! But here I was, thinking there would be, umm, grapefruit in it.

    I'm a vodka girl too, but then, Buffalo is a big vodka town. All summer long, we drink ice picks (sweetened iced tea with vodka and lemon) and most party bars here sell it by the pitcher. All you need is a straw...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you know......so was I!! I was thinking about it when I found it, then forgot to mention it in my blog! After I posted it I realized it again, haha.

      Ok so I have to admit that I'm not an iced tea fan, BUT with all that I've tried lately and liked, I'm thinking that I just might like your Ice Picks! If you'd like me to try it shoot me the recipe you use! Thanks for your comment, you made me laugh!!

      Delete