Saturday, June 2, 2012

Malibu Bomber

Day 108


Malibu Bomber
4.5 shots out of 5




Happy Saturday!  

Time for a BBQ!  

What better way to start it off then with Malibu Rum?  

I sure do love this stuff.  

I think that as long as you have enough of this rum in your cocktail (enough where you can smell the coconut), then anything (ok, not "anything", but you know what I mean) you put in it will taste good!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

I am enjoying this cocktail VERY much!  

The combination of the cranberry juice and the orange juice together is perfect!  

They also compliment the coconut rum........SO WELL!

It's a nice warm sunshiny day out and this cocktail fits perfectly into my hand while I enjoy the sun.  

This cocktail goes down very easily as well......so be careful if you're drinking it in the nice hot sun because it has a tendency to "refill" itself when no one's looking.  

Oh look..........it just refilled itself.

Again.

I hope you are all enjoying my blog, I am thoroughly enjoying creating it and trying all of these cocktail.....even the bad ones.  

With summer coming up, send me your favorite summery cocktail recipes to make!  




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for the Malibu Bomber:

  • 2 shots coconut rum
  • 2 shots cranberry juice
  • 1 shot orange juice


In a shaker add ice, rum, cranberry and orange juice.  Shake it up real well and strain it into a hurricane glass that is 1/2 filled with crushed ice.



Here's to a nice weekend!  Hope you are all enjoying yours........and don't forget your cocktails!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady 
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've made one of the cocktails on your blog, although there are many on my to-try list. :). I'm wondering if the recipe is off a bit, since my drink looks way more cranberry-ish in color than yours? Should it be 2 shots of OJ, and one shot of cranberry? I like the recipe as stated on the blog, but I think I'd add some 7-up or something to it...

    I just want to say that I've been keeping up with the blog on a regular basis, and I can't wait to try some of the other cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've been reading my blog!! It's good to hear from you =)

      The recipe is correct, but I think the reason why mine looks more orange juicy then cranberry is because I think my cranberry juice is coming to the end of its life and is loosing it's redish color (even though the photo of it above makes it look darker)and is starting to get a clearer look to it. I think if I had a brand new fresh bottle, my cocktail would definitely look more red. So whatever color yours turned out is most likely the color it should look like =)

      Thank You for your comment! I love hearing from my readers!!

      Delete
  2. Just made this drink and all I can say is.. DELICIOUS! I'll definitely be coming back to try some more of your drinks! : ) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jilado! I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one! It is quite yummy! You'll have to let me know what else you try =) I also have a "Cocktails By Rating" page where you can see my cocktails in order by rating. You can find a link to it on the left side bar under "Table Of Contents". Cheers!!

      Delete