Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Midori Splice

Day 118



Midori Splice
4.5 shots out of 5


Midori Splice is a fantastic cocktail with melon liqueur, coconut rum and pineapple juice.




"You are the proud owner of a VERY bruised foot!  Congratulations, it's not broken!"  


Those were the happiest words I heard today!  


When you have 4 kids, you really don't have time for a broken anything!  


Last summer I broke my elbow.......that was horrible, because it was in the middle of summer and I had all 4 kids home with me everyday.  My oldest stepped up and took care of the 2 girls for me as I only could use 1 hand for  quite a while.  


That boy amazes me with how much he helps out and thoroughly enjoys his siblings.  Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that my foot is not broken!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  


I got this cocktail, once again, from the Midori website.  Their recipe called for cream to be floated on top, but I figured that whipped cream would be more fun to put on top, so I went with it instead.  


This cocktail reminds me of the Ninja Turtle cocktail I made a while back.  The difference between the two is the amount of pineapple juice and the cream/whipped cream on top (and now looking back at the Ninja Turtle I just realized that I rated it the same as tonight's cocktail).  So I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "If you liked the Ninja Turtle, you'll like the Midori Splice".





Here is a photo of the end result:

midori splice, midori, melon liqueur, coconut rum, malibu rum, pineapple juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

midori splice, midori, melon liqueur, coconut rum, malibu rum, pineapple juice




Here is the recipe for the Midori Splice:

  • 1 oz Midori
  • 1 oz coconut rum
  • 3 oz pineapple juice
  • whipped cream


In a champagne glass, or any medium sized glass, fill it 1/2 way full with crushed ice.  Add your Midori, rum and pineapple juice and stir them up well.  Top it off with whipped cream and enjoy!



Thank you Midori for yet another yummy cocktail to try!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment