Monday, June 4, 2012

Purple Hooter

Day 110



Purple Hooter
4 shots out of 5




This being a Leap Year I am "almost" at my 1/3 of a year mark!  

I can't believe it, in 12 more days, I'll hit that mark.  

I must say that I have tried sooo many new cocktails during that time and sooo glad that I did!  

I have a few new favorite cocktails from the many I've done so far, and predict that I will have a good amount more by the time this year is done.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  


I'm not a big "shooter" lady, I'd rather sit my here with a regular sized cocktail in my hand to enjoy at the speed I like.  

Also, I feel that I need to judge these shooters a little different.  

Reason being, you get it all in one big sip.  You can't sip and sip and sip to keep reminding yourself of the flavor.  

That being said, I don't think shooters are solely meant to taste amazingly good.  

I think more of the reason people order shooters is to get the job done faster..........get that quick shot of alcohol to get you going.  

I think I need to be a little more lenient on shooters (judging-wise) in general for the reasons I named above. 




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here is the recipe for a Purple Hooter:

  • 1 ounce vodka
  • 1/4 ounce Chambord
  • 1/4 ounce lime juice


In a mixing glass add ice, vodka, Chambord and lime juice.  Stir up all of the ingredients real well so that your mixture turns as purple as it can be.  Strain your mixture into a shot glass.



Here's to a pretty good shot.  I think taking tonight's shot would have been a lot more fun with a group of friends to cheers with.  On that note......

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. Finally got around to trying this. Result... meh. It was drinkable, but I highly doubt I'll be mixing one up again. True, I'm not much of a shooter kind of gal, but I made two. One was done as a shooter, and one was shooter-sized but sipped as a cocktail. Same opinion both times. Fun to try, but NEXT! (I need to mix up another large batch of key lime martinis. THOSE are the bomb!)

    ReplyDelete