Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Red Passion Cream

Day 126



Red Passion Cream
4.5 shots out of 5





I have seen a few cocktails that ask for vanilla ice cream as an ingredient in them in the last 126 days, but I haven't had any in the freezer to make them with.  


Today while shopping, I remembered about it and rushed over (OK, maybe I didn't rush, but I definitely kept repeating it in my head so that I wouldn't forget it) to the freezer section to pick up a carton.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  


I sat down at my computer to find a blended recipe that asks for vanilla ice cream and 3 minutes later I gave up and decided to just create something myself.  


I pulled out my blender and looked at my purees and I guess the Passion Fruit Puree was raising its hand the highest because that's the one I chose.  


This cocktail is creamy for sure!  You will be able to taste the creaminess in this cocktail the most, but that isn't a bad thing!  

I have only tasted passion fruit a handful of times in the past and am always surprised by it's taste......it's flavor is hard to describe, but I enjoy it.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is my recipe for a Red Passion Cream:

  • 1 shot coconut rum
  • 1 1/2 shot passion fruit puree
  • 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
  • 1/2 shot grenadine
In a blender add a cup of ice and all of the ingredients listed above.  Blend them all well until the ice is gone.  Using ice cream makes the blender blend it up good.........and then sometimes a bubble will be formed in the middle, so you'll have to turn off your blender and shake it or push it down a bit to finish the job.




I like it when I create a cocktail and it actually tastes good!  Cheers to our own homemade cocktails!!


The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Can I substitute the passion fruit puree for a concentrate or passion fruit cocktail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor! Good question, Thank You. The passion fruit puree has a thicker consistency so I don't think that a passion fruit cocktail would work as it would be too thin.

      On the other hand a concentrate "could" work. You would need to use a lot less of it as I would think using the same amount would make the cocktail taste too tart. The consistency of the concentrate is more of what you are looking for versus the fruit cocktail.

      What I would do would be to add all of the ingredients I mentioned in the recipe except for your passion fruit puree substitute. Blend them up and the little by little add some concentrate, blend it and taste it. I would keep doing that until you get the taste you are looking for. If you do make this and record how much you used, I'd love to hear about it! Good Luck =)

      Delete