Thursday, June 14, 2012

Roll Me Over

Day 119

Roll Me Over
3 shots out of 5

Only a couple more days until my Year of Cocktails will be a third over.  I feel like I've made a dent in the world of cocktails.......but I do know that there are MANY more out there for me to try! I am so grateful for those of you who are taking this journey with me.  Whether you are trying some, all or none of my cocktails and merely reading along as I take my adventure, I Thank You!  

I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  I think all of the different flavors just kind of blended together in this one.  It's not a yucky flavor, but since you are supposed to put the exact same amount of all of the liquors and liqueurs in this kinda tastes like none of them in particular.  I will absolutely finish this one, but I don't think I'll be making it again anytime soon.  So I guess roll me over to tomorrow night's cocktail!

Here is the recipe for a Roll Me Over:

  • 1/2 oz light rum
  • 1/2 oz dark rum
  • 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 1/2 oz banana liqueur
  • 1/2 oz orange liqueur
  • 1/2 oz melon liqueur
  • 3 oz pineapple juice
In a shaker, fill 3/4 with ice and add rums, banana, orange and melon liqueurs and pineapple juice.  Shake it up real good and dump the whole thing into a tall glass.

Here is a photo of the end result:

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Here's to a big mix up of alcohol!!


The Cocktail Lady


  1. Hey, this is just great. I have been hosting a series called Food on Friday which features a different food or ingredient each time. This week, for fun, we are doing cocktails and mocktails. If you would like to link this in – this is the link Food on Friday

    1. Thank You for the invite Carole! I posted one of my favorites. Have a great weekend!! =)

  2. I understand completely your review of this one - while it's drinkable, it's just "meh" for me. I concur with your 3 shots. I thought it odd that all of them had the same amount. Generally, I like one of the flavors to be predominant, and the others just complementary and this one wasn't that at all. And mine was exactly the color of yours :)