Thursday, June 14, 2012

Roll Me Over

Day 119


Roll Me Over
3 shots out of 5



Only a couple more days until my Year of Cocktails will be a third over.  

I feel like I've made a dent in the world of cocktails.......but I do know that there are MANY more out there for me to try! I am so grateful for those of you who are taking this journey with me.  

Whether you are trying some, all or none of my cocktails and merely reading along as I take my adventure, I Thank You!  


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

I think all of the different flavors just kind of blended together in this one.  

It's not a yucky flavor, but since you are supposed to put the exact same amount of all of the liquors and liqueurs in this cocktail.......it kinda tastes like none of them in particular.  

I will absolutely finish this one, but I don't think I'll be making it again anytime soon.  

So I guess roll me over to tomorrow night's cocktail!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for a Roll Me Over:

  • 1/2 oz light rum
  • 1/2 oz dark rum
  • 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 1/2 oz banana liqueur
  • 1/2 oz orange liqueur
  • 1/2 oz melon liqueur
  • 3 oz pineapple juice
In a shaker, fill 3/4 with ice and add rums, banana, orange and melon liqueurs and pineapple juice.  Shake it up real good and dump the whole thing into a tall glass.




Here's to a big mix up of alcohol!!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is just great. I have been hosting a series called Food on Friday which features a different food or ingredient each time. This week, for fun, we are doing cocktails and mocktails. If you would like to link this in – this is the link Food on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the invite Carole! I posted one of my favorites. Have a great weekend!! =)

      Delete
  2. I understand completely your review of this one - while it's drinkable, it's just "meh" for me. I concur with your 3 shots. I thought it odd that all of them had the same amount. Generally, I like one of the flavors to be predominant, and the others just complementary and this one wasn't that at all. And mine was exactly the color of yours :)

    ReplyDelete