Saturday, July 14, 2012

99 Days In Paradise

Day 150


99 Days In Paradise
4 shots out of 5



I bought a bottle of Malibu Rum with Passion Fruit!  

I was super excited to try it, as I know I like my Passion Fruit Puree, I figured that I'd like this rum as well.  

I'm really liking these flavored rums, I mean.......huh, who knew there was more then just coconut rums out there in the world?  

Apparently not me 150 days ago!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

Everything in this cocktail is great.  

My only reason for not giving it a 4.5 or even a 5 is the fact that (you might want to sit down for this.......and yes it is me typing) it's a little bit too sweet for me.  

You OK?  

You didn't fall off of your chair now did you?  

NO?  

OK good!  

Don't get me wrong, it's a great blend of all of the ingredients and the rum with the Passion Fruit is really good..........and maybe my tastes are changing a little?  

Or maybe it's just not a "sweet cocktail" kind of night?  Whatever the case, I will absolutely drink this entire thing and enjoy every sip!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for 99 Days In Paradise:

  • 1 1/2 oz Malibu Passion Fruit rum
  • 1 1/2 oz banana liqueur
  • 2 oz orange juice
  • 2 oz pineapple juice
  • 1/4 oz grenadine
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above except for the grenadine.  Shake it all up and strain it into a hurricane glass filled 3/4  with crushed ice.  Pour your grenadine on top and enjoy!!



Here's to a fun filled Saturday night with some good friends!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment