Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Amaretto Colada

Day 160



Amaretto Colada
4 shots out of 5



Did you know that April 19th is National Amaretto Day??  What better way to celebrate then with an Amaretto Colada??




Amaretto Colada is the perfect blended cocktail using rum, amaretto and pineapple juice.


It's hot.  


It's Tuesday.  



The little one had a set of immunizations yesterday........and she's cranky.  


So is mom.  

That must mean it's time for tonight's cocktail!  No, it definitely means that!!



I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  


I have had this one pinned on my Pinterest board for quite some time now.  


Tonight was the night to make it!  My pin led me here.  


I blended up this cocktail and had everything except for the whipping cream so I substituted it with the closest thing I had, milk.  


I can absolutely taste the amaretto the most in this cocktail (hence the name).  


It's a little overpowering in some sips......then in other sips it gets a little better and I taste more of the cream of coconut.  Regardless, this is a pretty enjoyable cocktail.


Here is a photo of the end result:

amaretto colada, cocktail, amaretto, light rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

amaretto colada, cocktail, amaretto, light rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut




print recipe

Amaretto Colada

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 ounce amaretto
  • 1 1/2 ounces light rum
  • 3 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1 ounce cream of coconut
  • 1 tsp whipping cream (I used milk)

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. In a blender add 1 cup of ice, and all ingredients above. Blend it up until all of the ice is gone. Pour it into a hurricane glass. You can top it off with whipped cream and a cherry like I did, or not.
Created using The Recipes Generator

I absolutely do enjoy blended cocktail on warm nights.....or sort of warm nights.......even cold ones will do!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. i love everything and anything amaretto! And in a colada? This sounds perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never been a huge fan of Amaretto but I might need to reconsider that. I’m so ready for summer drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this!! Sounds so perfect for a summer day and pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy and refreshing! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a cocktail! This looks so good

    ReplyDelete