Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blue Breeze

Day 154



Blue Breeze
3.5 shots out of 5



I can not believe it, but in a little less then a month, I will be half way done with my Year of Cocktails!  

If I stop and think........it amazes me that I've found or been given, made, photographed and tried 154 cocktails........154!!  

I'm not sure if that's amazing........or crazy?  

I'll go with amazing!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

This is a simple tasting cocktail.  

The whipped cream vodka flavor really comes out in this one.  

It's flavor is simple and does not make your taste buds dance around in your mouth like some of the fruitier or sweeter cocktails do.  

It's an enjoyable cocktail, but not one I'd spend $9 at a bar on.........if and when I do go to a bar I'd want to spend my money on a cocktail that makes me want to double fist (a term I learned at our local BJ Brewery, meaning having a drink in each hand.  

Apparently there you need to completely "finish" your beer before you can even think about ordering another one.....kinda lame in my book) it by ordering another on the spot.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Blue Breeze:

  • 1 oz. whipped cream vodka
  • 1/2 oz blue curacao
  • 4 oz sprite (lemon-lime soda)
In a shaker add ice and all ingredients above.  Shake it well and strain it into a cocktail glass filled 3/4 with ice.



Here's to making it 1/2 way through the week!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. I meant to open a ginger ale and accidentally opened a Sprite instead. I went looking for what to do with it, found this, and tried it. It was ok, but I'll be looking for something else to do with the rest of the can. Like you said, it is definitely not one I would be ordering somewhere.

    ReplyDelete