Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blue J

Day 139



Blue J
4 shots out of 5



Well let me just start tonight's blog out by saying, Happy Birthday To Me!  

I like all kinds of beers, but recently my husband decided to enhance the orange flavor of a Blue Moon and add orange juice to it.  

Quite clever I must say!


I gave tonight's cocktail (or beertail if we're keeping score) 4 shots out of 5.  

The orange juice definitely does enhance the flavor of the beer.  

Now this won't work with just any beer.  

There are 2 that I know of (and I'm sure there are more, if you know what they are, please comment below so that I can be on the lookout for them) that have an orange flavor in them which are Blue Moon and Shock Top.  

If you like either of those two beers and enjoy the orange flavor of them, try putting a little orange juice in them, who knows, you might like it!




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Blue J (totally made the name up myself):

  • 1 bottle of Blue Moon
  • orange juice
In a tall beer glass, pour entire beer (unless your beer is going to fill your glass to the top, then give yourself 1/2 inch room for the orange juice).  Fill the top 1/2 inch of your glass with orange juice.  Stir and enjoy!

This combo is NOT a science, I have tried it with more orange juice then that and I didn't like it at all.  My advice is to add a little, stir and try it to see if you like it "as is" or want to add more.



Here's to another year of life and a year of cocktails!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment