Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blue Lagoon

Day 157



Blue Lagoon
2.5 shots out of 5



Holy Insanely Hot Day!  

We took our two girls (3 and 1) to Happy Hollow today (an amusement park/zoo for little ones).  

It was a GREAT day and everyone really enjoyed themselves......only problem was the fact that it was 91 degrees out and the little ones were totally done by the end......or is that a bad thing?


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  

Another blue cocktail!  

Yeay!  

But that's where the "yeay" ends.  

I needed to find a blended cocktail because it's too hot to think of a martini right now, so I found this cocktail here.  

Wasn't feeling like vodka today, but gave it a shot anyways.  

I can totally taste the vodka.  

The pineapple juice does mask it a bit and the blue curacao....well it adds a nice color.  

The vodka is a bit much for me, so I'm not terribly enjoying this cocktail all that much.  

Oh well.  

Sometimes blue cocktails are fun.......sometimes they're not, so is life.  

If you have a favorite cocktail that you would like me to try, please email it to me!  

I love hearing from you all and receiving cocktail recipes from you as well!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Blue Lagoon:

  • 1 oz vodka
  • 1 oz pineapple juice
  • 1/2 oz blue curacao
In a blender add 3/4 cup of ice (I used 1 cup and it came out a bit thick) and all of the ingredients above.  Blend up your cocktail until the ice is gone, pour and enjoy.



Here's to family and enjoying your little ones!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Is the only problem with it that you can taste the vodka? or is it just not a nice blend in general? Vodka is my general go-to choice, but I don't want to waste it (and have to wash the blender) if it won't be any good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for me it tastes a bit to vodkaey. But if you enjoy the taste of vodka being one of the main flavors in a cocktail, then you should be fine. I would definitely use the 3/4 cup of ice though, otherwise it's just too thick. If you do try it, please let me know what you think of it!

      Delete