Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blue-Woo

Day 164


Blue-Woo
4 shots out of 5



Happy Saturday everyone!  

It's been a long week and this weekend seems to be going by pretty fast......already.  

We have an action packed weekend which always helps it move along in the fast lane.  

Time for a cocktail!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

This is another cocktail using my blueberry schnapps, and NOT pineapple juice......so this one's for you Stacy!  

The cranberry and blueberry mix pretty well together and the vodka gives it just a little bite which is nice.  

I am enjoying this blueberry schnapps more then I thought I would.  

I was afraid that it would be quite sweet and syrupy tasting and it's not (so far with the cocktails I've made it with).  

If I was feeling in the blueberry/cranberry mood I would definitely make this one again.  

Did I mention that this cocktail is an awesome purple color as well!!


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Blue-Woo (which I got off of the blueberry schnapps bottle):

  • 1oz vodka
  • 1oz blueberry schnapps
  • 2oz cranberry juice
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up real well to get the mixture really chilled and strain it into a martini glass (you can even chill the glass ahead of time too).



Here's to you Stacy and your allergy to pineapple, a pineapple free blueberry cocktail!  Hope you enjoy this one and please let me know what you think!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty tasty!
    -Your friends @BevMo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks awesome.
    look at you, hobnobbing with BevMo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited that you had a blueberry cocktail with no pineapple and then I saw my name...I am famous! lol And since it was purple it was all that much better! I had to try this and I spent 3 hours looking for that particular schnapps but to my dismay it was not to be had. So I did the next best thing. I bought blueberry vodka. You have to have the vodka anyway right? The only thing is, its pink. I like pink don't get me wrong but it is not purple. So I would rate this a 4.5. The taste is fantastic but it lacks that beautiful color. Bevmo is special ordering me the schnapps so when I get that I will have to make it again. I know...its hell but someone has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hilarious!! I try to make my readers happy! Glad that made you happy =) I was really excited to find it right there on the bottle and couldn't wait to let you know!

      Purple is an amazing color, I absolutely agree!! My favorite =) I do have blueberry vodka and have made a cocktail called Back Porch Breeze (http://cocktail365.blogspot.com/2012/04/back-porch-breeze-cocktail.html) with it, yummmmy!

      I'm excited that Bemvo is ordering you some blueberry schnapps, you'll have to let me know what you think once you get it and try this cocktail again!! Cheers!!

      Delete