Sunday, July 1, 2012

Funky Monkey

Day 137



Funky Monkey
5 shots out of 5







Brass Monkey......that Funky Monkey!  

It's funny how some of these cocktails can really get a song stuck in my head.  

So far (if I'm remembering correctly) all of the cocktails that have put a song in my head have put good ones, so I'm not complaining.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

This is a very nice refreshing cocktail if I do say so myself.....and I do.  

I got this cocktail recipe from the Dekuyper website.  

They've got a good variety of cocktails and I'm going to see if I can find any more good ones that I want to try.  

Tonight's cocktail is one of those cocktails that I want to drink fast so that I can make myself another one.  It's a light, fresh tasting cocktail that makes me keep my cocktail glass close at hand and out of the reach of others.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for a Funky Monkey:

  • 1 shot creme de banana
  • 1 shot light rum
  • 1/2 shot coconut rum
  • 3 shots pineapple juice


In a tall glass, fill it almost 3/4 full with crushed ice.  Add all of your ingredients above and give it a good stir.  Go outside on a warm day (hopefully it's warm the day you make this cocktail), sit down and enjoy your cocktail!




Here's to cocktails putting good songs in your head!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment: