Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grapefruit Margarita

Day 153


Grapefruit Margarita
3.5 shots out of 5



Unfortunately I just had a picture of Pee Wee Herman in his gray suit and red bow tie doing the "Tequila!" dance flash through my head.......eeekkk!!  

Those high heeled white shoes, getting lower and lower as the song is coming to an end.  

OK, flashback over.....onto tonight's cocktail!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

This is not my favorite margarita, but it is definitely better then a regular one in my book.  

I was really hoping to fall in love with this cocktail and to REALLY enjoy the grapefruit flavor.  

I found quite a few recipes for tonight's cocktail online, they all varied a bit, most had lime, one had no lime and instead it had you add simple syrup.  

I made one with anejo ( Tequila or Rum aged between one and seven years, often stored in oak barrels giving the Tequila or Rum a golden color; aged; usually in reference to cheese or liquor ) tequila and lime juice and simply syrup......didn't work too well.  

The anejo tequila's oakier flavor didn't work well with the grapefruit juice.  

I started over and used silver tequila and made the recipe I had found without the lime juice.......almost good, so I added a little lime juice and it made it a lot better.  

I can definitely taste the tequila in this one, so next time I would probably use 1 1/2 oz of it and I think I may just like it a bit better that way.  

Maybe that way I will be able to taste a bit more of the grapefruit juice as well.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is my recipe for a Grapefruit Margarita:

  • 2 oz tequila
  • 1 oz triple sec
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 3 oz grapefruit juice

In a shaker add ice and all ingredients above.  Shake up your ingredients well and strain them into a margarita glass filled 1/2 way with ice.



Here's to Pee Wee Herman and his "Tequila!" dance!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment